Enhance your business.
For businesses in the Medicine Hat core.
Apply for up to $15,000 in funding!
Enhance Your Business, Inside and out
We are pleased to offer businesses in the Downtown Medicine Hat core an opportunity to receive a beautification loan and grant to enhance the appearance of their business. This program provides an incentive for local business owners to invest in renovation projects and upgrades.
Businesses can apply for up to $15,000 in funding:
- 80% would be an interest free loan
- 20% would be a grant
Funds are limited, and spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Successful projects will strive to make visible improvements to the curb appeal, design and functionality of the business and may include:
- Upgrades to windows and doorways that create a more inviting entryway from the street.
- Interior improvements to enhance the visual appeal and functionality that will enrich the overall customer experience.
- Coordinating façade improvements with neighbouring buildings to maintain the unique characteristics of the local business area.
- Undertaking general exterior cleaning of the building, repainting faded and peeling paint, repairing damaged areas, and restoring unique architectural features.
Questions? Contact us at (403) 528-2824 to learn more!
Ready to Apply?
Download our application package to get started.
Business Loan FAQs
General eligibility criteria include:
- Your business must be located in a rural community of Alberta
- You must be involved in the day-to-day operations of the business
- You must be of legal age and a resident of Canada
- You must contact a bank first. If you are unable to secure appropriate financing under reasonable terms elsewhere, contact us.
If you are interested in applying for a Community Futures business loan, you must be prepared to make a personal investment. We ask that you provide cash plus security (such as vehicles, equipment, land, buildings, etc.) to back the loan. This shows that you are committed to making your business work.
For more information, contact us.
Yes. All financial institutions including Community Futures will run a credit check on you or your incorporated company to see if you have dealt responsibly with past loans and debt. A bad credit rating is a concern to most lenders, including Community Futures. More information can be found on Industry Canada's website: http://strategis.ic.gc.ca. There are a number of things you can do to improve your credit rating. Feel free to contact us to discuss options.
Yes. A business plan provides important information about your company's management expertise and viability. Almost all financial institutions, including Community Futures, require that you prepare a business plan – and we can help you write it, or provide you with useful tips and tools.
Community Futures strives to provide a decision for each loan application within 10 business days from the date the completed loan application (including all required support information and documents) is received by the Community Futures office.
Contact us to discuss loan products and to obtain a Loan Application package.
Community Futures loans and services are available for businesses in rural areas. Your business must be located outside of the metropolitan areas of Edmonton (including St Albert and other communities within the Edmonton Capital Region) and Calgary.