APEX Southeast Alberta
Rooted in tech and innovation? APEX can offer your small business the customized support it needs!
Small Business Loans, Training and Start-up Help.
Your pathway to business
success begins here.
Business loans, tools, mentoring, and guidance for rural small business owners and entrepreneurs in Alberta.
Building Our Region, One Idea At A Time.
We’re more than just a business lender. For over 30 years Community Futures has been helping businesses grow in rural Alberta, and here at Community Futures Entre-Corp we’ve been helping our region turn their business ideas into reality through FREE business planning, and coaching.
Our small business specialists will connect you with the skills and resources you need to succeed. We provide training, upskilling, and financial support to build your confidence and expertise, while strengthening our communities through diversification of businesses and industries.
Whether you’re in the start-up phase, planning for growth, or you’ve been turned down by a financial institution, our team is here to help you.
Featured Loan Programs
Apply for up to $15,000 in funding to invest in renovation projects and upgrades that will enhance the appearance of your Downtown Medicine Hat based business.
Digital Economy Program
Access free 1-on-1 support to start or grow your digital presence. Open to small businesses registered in Alberta with less than 50 employees.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must contact a bank first. If you are unable to secure appropriate financing under reasonable terms elsewhere, we can help walk you through our loan application process.
No - we’re a developmental lender.
We assess every application using the 5Cs of credit:
- Character: This delves into your credit history, and analyses how good or bad your credit history might be.
- Capacity: This aspect determines in our view, if you’d have the means to pay the loan back with ease. This is also known as a debt-to-income ratio.
- Capital: Simply put, this refers to how much money you possess.
- Collateral: Here we look at what assets you are in ownership of that could be used as a means of security for the loan.
- Conditions: The conditions outline why you want to secure a loan, what the loan amounts to and finally the rates of interest at the time.
The maximum loan you can attain is $150,000. At Community Futures, there is no minimum loan amount you can apply for.
Yes, this is required.